In the winter, I crave soups. On the weekends, I love using my crockpot while we are out and about. And in general, I love Mexican food. Which leads me to the recipe I recently tried from Allrecipes.com, Slow Cooker Taco Soup. I did change the ingredients some, but it still came out pretty amazing good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned over medium heat. Drain and set aside
- Place the beef mixture, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend.
- Cook on low for 8 hours and wait.
- Serve on or with tortilla chips. Sprinkle with cheese or sour cream. Enjoy!
What is your favorite crockpot recipe?