July has been absolutely crazy for me at work, so my focus was all over the place. Regardless, here are updates on my goals
A Better Relationship with God
- Take time each morning and night to spend with God. – I actually struggled with this in July. I’m trying to find a new rhythm, so sometimes these moments in journal time were quick or hurried. I’m still trying to find a good rhythm so, this may be a struggle in August as well. We shall see.
- Have prayer times specifically directed about Michael – Michael had some job stress and transition this month, so this was quite easy to accomplish.
Living A Healthier Life
- Live a more active life – I started walking my dogs in the morning at least a couple times a week. I need to get yoga back in my life. The rhythm thing I mentioned above somehow knocked out the time I used to do yoga. I miss it, so it will definitely be something I incorporate into August.
Get The House in Order
- Work on projects set aside in the kitchen, library, and master bedroom – Still working on finding time to complete the kitchen. Since June and July are both birthday months for Michael and me, projects were put on hold. August, however, might be the month we finish this!
Being Involved in the Community
- Volunteer with the SPCA– I am on my fourth foster in the home. She is precious. Also, we have a plan at the end of the month for a Alzheimer fundraiser.
Developing Personal Time
- Schedule a pamper/relaxation time each month– I actually got this done the second to last week in July. I had some comp time at work, so I took the day and got a pedicure.
I can’t believe it’s already August. Summer is almost over! How has your summer been going?