October started out pretty well, but I could feel things getting a little crazier by the end of the month. Some new things did change this month!
A Better Relationship with God
- Take time each morning and night to spend with God. – Journaling at night almost completely fell off by the end of the month. I still journaled from time to time, and I have a new journal that I will be trying for the month of November to see if that helps. Morning journal time was replaced with First Five – and app from the Proverbs 31 crew. I love it!
- Have prayer times specifically directed about Michael – About mid-month, Michael started having some back issues and illness, so prayers started to really focus on his healing. He’s doing much better, but I have to admit, I did enjoy taking care of him when he was down.
Living A Healthier Life
- Live a more active life – There were ups and downs to this. When Michael’s back problems started, we stopped walking in the morning. However, right about that time, I started taking care of four dogs outside of my two at home. This included a lot of walking and playing outside. I have to say, this is my absolute favorite kind of exercise!
Get The House in Order
- Work on projects set aside in the
kitchen, library, and master bedroom – Towards the end of October, I managed to get some stuff accomplished in the bedroom. I’m hoping to complete that by the end of November (another blog post *hopefully* by the end of the month). As for the library, the changes that I want to do to the room, I think will happen next year. We really focused on Michael’s coral tanks this year instead of what I originally thought I would focus on, which was productive in itself.
Being Involved in the Community
- Volunteer with the SPCA– Fostered dog six this month
Developing Personal Time
- Schedule a pamper/relaxation time each month– I got my nails done at my favorite salon. And I loved the girl who did them. Her name was Mandy (I’m writing that here so I won’t forget!)
It’s slowly getting colder here, and I’m ready for the cooler weather. I think I realized this weekend that November is going to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. All I can do is give myself permission to have space and take time to work through whatever I need to!
Did you work on goals? Can you believe there are only two more months to the year?