This week, Michael and I are celebrating our eighth wedding anniversary.
So in honor of that celebration, I wanted to share eight short and sweet reasons I love my husband.
- He is a loyal friend. When he makes a commitment, whether it’s our marriage vows or a promise to help someone move, he does everything in his ability to meet that commitment. Maybe he’s just a bad liar, but I’ve never known him to lie about anything, even a white lie. And I’m not the only one who knows this. His honesty and integrity is recognized with his clients and coworkers as well.
- He is a good man. Whether it’s at the job or in his hobbies, he doesn’t take shortcuts. He wants to do things the right the first time. And he wants it to be fair to all involved.
- He is generous with his time. He puts others before himself when it comes to time. He will cancel his own plans if someone needs his help. And he never complains about it. It’s something he is supposed to do.
- He is generous with his resources. Whether it’s with his funds to support charities or organizations he believes in, or it’s intentionally buying granola bars to give to the homeless man begging at the stoplight on the way home. He’s purposeful with his money.
- He is patient. The son of one of our neighbors just got into the aquarium hobby this past year. Michael sat with him for two hours talking him through all the things he would need. He does that with clients as well who may not kno. Michael will patiently walk through each step with them.
- He is a creative. One of the first things a person sees when they visit is our fish tanks. Michael has done some amazing work with the aquascape of his tank. He combines the colors and shapes of the coral to create a gorgeous scene of living, underwater art.
- He knows and values how to make me smile. The past couple of years, I’ve had some really low moments. And although it’s important to me that Michael can make me smile, it’s even more important that he takes great lengths to bring a smile to my face because he honestly just wants me to be happy, whether it is an inside joke or a surprise bouquet of my favorite flowers. That boy is pretty sweet.
- He is humble. In fact, when I told him I was doing this, he may have rolled his eyes a bit. I mean, he appreciates Words of Affirmation, it is his love language! But he’s not the kind of guy to do things for attention. He’s a wonderful example of 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12, “to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.”
The best thing is that anyone who knows my husband would agree with this list. This is just the man that he is. I am so lucky and blessed to walk this world with him beside me. Happy Anniversary to my Michael!